Diabetes camp is one of the best experiences that a child with diabetes can have. Camp is a place to learn self-confidence, independence from mom and dad, to be with other kids with diabetes, and simply to have a great time. It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes. Almost all camps provide financial assistance to kids who are unable to pay the full camp fees.
The date graphic indicates the most recent information available. Information for some camps is old -- we do our best to keep up to date.
For Additional Information
- The American Diabetes Association has a position paper on the Management of Diabetes at Diabetes Camps.
- Tips for Campers and Parents.
- Camp Memories, in which campers write about their experiences
Get Your Camp Listed
If your camp isn't listed here or is and its information needs to be updated, please call the camp coordinators and have them contact us on our feedback page.
Camps in the United States
AL | AK | AR | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DC | DE | FL | GA | HI | IA | ID | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY | Map
Camps in Canada
AB | BC | NS | NWT | ON | QC
Camps in Latin America
Alphabetical Listing of Camps
- ADA Camp Independence is a day camp program held in Greenville, South Carolina.
- The ADA Donovan McNabb Diabetes Camp offers kids in Pennsylvania a great camping experience with NFL star Donovan McNabb.
- ADA Residential Summer Camp Program for Upstate New York offers camping fun plus a radio station.
- ADA Camp for Kids is a camp in New Mexico for children 8-13 years who have diabetes
- The Barton Center for Diabetes Education provides summer camping, a coed Adventure Camp for high school students with diabetes, and year-round weekend programs for youth with diabetes, families and friends.
- Bearskin Meadow Camp includes a family camp for younger kids.
- Camp Adam Fisher in South Carolina is for campers with diabetes ages 6 to 17, as well as brothers, sisters, and friends.
- Camp Aldersgate is a co-ed resident camp in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Bluebonnet is a summer day camp in Youngsport, Texas.
- Camp Buck is for kids in Nevada
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
- Camp Carolina Trails offers A Week of Fun and Friendship for kids in North CarolinaCamp Carowanis, a bilingual summer camp for diabetic boys and girls ages 8 to 15 in Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada. (Version Franšaise)
- Camp Colorado offers summer fun for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock is located in the San Bernadino Mountains near Los Angeles, California.
- Camp Crestfield in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania offers excitement for kids with diabetes.
- Teen Cruise Camp is a four-day cruise on Carnival Cruise for teens with diabetes ages 13 to 17.
- Camp Cure - Bearing it Together is a day camp for young kids in eastern Tennessee
- Camp DAY Break provides kids ages 6 to 12 with a two-day camping experience in Jackson, Missouri.
- Camp De Los Niños, in San Jose, California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 6 to 13.
- Camp Discovery offers camp for kids with type 1 diabetes and a camp for kids with type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and metabolic syndrome
- Camp Earthworks is a day camp for kids in Springfield, Missouri.
- Camp EDI is a residential camp for kids from Illinois and Missouri.
- Camp Endres, near Davis, Oklahoma, provides a camping experience for kids ages 9 to 16.
- Camp Floyd Rogers in Omaha, Nebraska, offers June camping for kids with diabetes ages 8 to 18.
- Camp for Diabetic Children of Eastern Quebec (CEDEQ) offers camp for kids in Quebec. (Also in French.)
- Camp Fun in the Sun is a diabetes camp in the Inland Northwest.
- Camp Gilbert offers kids in South Dakota a summer camping experience.
- Camp Granada is a resident camp in Monticello, Illinois.
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp Hendon provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 8 to 17 in Kentucky.
- Camp Hertko Hollow, near Des Moines, Iowa, includes a two-story tree house and a real train caboose.
- Camp Hickory Hill is a summer camp in Columbia, Missouri, for children with diabetes.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, founded in 1929, offers residence camp for kids with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, a mini-camp for kids ages 4-7, and a teen weekends.
- Camp Hodia, Idaho's camp for children with diabetes, offers camp sessions throughout the year.
- Camp Holiday Trails, a camp for children with special health needs, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Camp Hope provides summer camp for children with diabetes between the ages of 7 and 18 living in Wyoming
- Camp Hot Shots is a day camps for kids in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
- Camp Huronda is a camp for kids with diabetes at Lake Waseosa near Huntsville, Ontario, Canada.
- Camp Ivy is a day camp in Williamson, Georgia.
- Camp Independence is day camp for children with diabetes in Staten Island, New York.
- ADA Camp JADA is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes, siblings, and friends in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Camp Jean Nelson offers "the week that lasts a lifetime" to kids in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- Camp John Warvel offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 through 15 in North Webster, Indiana.
- Camp Jordan, hosted by Makemie Woods in Barhamsville VA (near Williamsburg VA), is for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Juliet is a free day camp in Augusta, Georgia.
- Camp KA-DI-DA-CA is a special day camp for children ages 5-8 with diabetes
- Camp Kakhamela offers kids and families in British Columbia a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Redbird is a day camp for children ages 5 - 10 with diabetes and their siblings.
- Camp Kno-Koma provides adventures for young people with diabetes in West Virginia. Ever seen counselors covered in shaving cream? Stop by for a look.
- Camp Ko-Man-She is for kids 6 to 17 who live in southwestern Ohio.
- Camp Korelitz, in Hamilton, Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton, offers camp for kids ages 8-15.
- Camp Kudzu provides year round programming for children and youth living with type 1 diabetes in Georgia, including summer camp, family camp and other targeted programs.
- Camp Kushtaka is in Cooper Landing, Alaska.
- Camp Kyle T. Woodruff is a free summer day camp in Fall River, Massachusetts.
- Camp LADD is a free day camp for children with diabetes located in Cortland, N.Y.
- Camp Leo near Shelton, Washington, offers kids a wonderful time in the great outdoors.
- Big Shots Resident Camp is for kids in and around Toledo, Ohio.
- Camp Little Shot is a free camp for kids in central Georgia.
- Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- Camp Morton and Camp Maxwell are camps in Nova Scotia
- Camp Needlepoint and Camp Daypoint offer incredible adventures for kids in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Camp Nejeda offers a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Camp Orkila is an ADA camp that offers sessions for kids grades 3-12
- Camp Panther is a day camp for kids with diabetes in Tacoma, Washington.
- Camp Possibilities is an overnight camp for kids with diabetes living in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Camp Quest offers fun for kids with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Seale Harris is a camp for children with diabetes in Alabama since 1947.
- Camp Sealth is an ADA camp that offers sessions for kids grades 1-12
- Camp Setebaid® is a camp for kids 8 to 17 in Pennsylvania.
- Day Camps in Nevada provide a free day camp experience for younger kids with diabetes
- Camp Sioux offers a summer camp for kids with diabetes in North Dakota and northwest Minnesota.
- Camp Sugar Falls is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Tennessee
- Camp Sugarbugs offers a family camping experience for kids in Tennessee.
- Camp Stix an independent, community based summer camp located in Northeastern Washington, for children and teens with diabetes throughout the Northwest.
- Camp Sweeney, located 1 1/2 hours north of Dallas/Ft. Worth, offers children ages 6-18 three 3-week residential behavior modification programs, two 1-week programs (1 in the summer and 1 between Christmas and New Years) and weekend family camps.
- Camp Tokumto is a day camp program for kids ages 5 to 9 in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Campamento Diabetes Safari offers camping fun for kids near Mexico City, Mexico.
- Little Shots Day Camp is a day camp for kids in Toledo, Ohio.
- Camp Too Sweet is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Radford, Virginia.
- Camp Vegas offers summer camp for kids and a family camp session in the mountains southwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Camp Victory offers a free camping experience for kids in Louisiana.
- Camp Wana Kura is a day camp for young kids with diabetes near San Diego
- Camp WeCanDo is located in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina.
- Chesapeake Health offers day camp for kids with diabetes living near Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 10 to 17, who want to learn about basketball.
- The Circle of Life Camp provides camping for kids 8-16 near Albany, New York.
- CODA Kid's Camp is a summer day camp for kids ages 3 through 7 near Columbus, Ohio.
- Diabetes Clubhouse is a day camp for kids with diabetes ages 4-7 in Utah
- Diabetes Day Camps in Texas offer an exciting weeklong day camp for kids with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley offers Youth Day Camps and Weekend Family Camps throughout the summer and into the fall.
- The Diabetes Youth Program of Toledo, Ohio, sponsors Big Shots Resident Camp and Litle Shots Day Camp.
- DYFI camp for children with diabetes offers resident camp for kids in Indiana.
- Elliott P. Joslin Camp and the Joslin Winter Camp are in Charlton, Massachusetts.
- Family Camp in Nevada provide a great family camping experience
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- FCYD Utah Summer Camp offers winter and summer camps for kids with diabetes in Utah
- Gales Creek, in Lake Oswego, Oregon, is located on 36 acres of beautiful woodland.
- Harrisburg Diabetic Youth Camp is a camp for kids in north central Pennsylvania
- Kiki's Kids Camp is a day camp in Rome, Georgia.
- Kids for a Cure Club is a day camp for kids with diabetes, ages 7-11, in Downtown Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- Larry L. Hillblom Teen Camp DJ Sequoia Lake offers teens ages 13 to 17 an adventure among the Giant Sequoia trees in the Sierra Nevada Mountains on Sequoia Lake.
- Larry L. Hillblom Youth Camp is a youth resident camp at Sequoia Lake
- Lions Camp ADA Camp Victory provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 6-14 living in Louisiana.
- Lion's Camp Hickory is a day camp on the Seneca River in New York for children with type 1 diabetes.
- Lions Camp Merrick / Glyndon Diabetes Program in Maryland provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too! Kids from the District of Columbia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia are also welcome. See the schedule page for the dates.
- Montana Youth Retreat offers camping excitement for kids in Montana.
- Northern Illinois Day Camps provide a great summer experience for younger kids with diabetes, their siblings, and their friends.
- Setebaid® Family Weekend offers a weekend camping experience for families in Pennsylvania
- Moses Cheeks Basketball Diabetes Camp is a free day camp for kids with diabetes in the Chicago area.
- Stepping Stones Day Camp is a summer day camp for new campers ages 8 through 12 near Columbus, Ohio.
- Sweet Kids Day Camp offers a free camping experience for kids ages 3-7 living in Idaho
- Tennessee Camp for Diabetic Children offers both one and two week camping sessions.
- The Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville, Texas, offers camp for kids with diabetes and other disabilities. The camp is fully paid for by the Texas Lions. The Texas Lions Camp is accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA).
- Triangle D offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- Twin Lakes Diabetes Camp in Mississippi hosts kids ages 7 to 17.
Other Camp Listings and More Information
- ADA Diabetes Camps listing.
- The American Camping Association has information about ACA accredited camps and a search page that lets you find camps for kids with diabetes.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association has a full listing of camps for kids with diabetes in Canada.
- The Diabetes Education and Camping Association supports diabetes camps everywhere.
- Camps in New South Wales, Australia
- Diabetes Cruise Camp run by Dr. Stephen Ponder, MD, CDE, and Barbara Anderson, Ph.D.
Last Updated: Mon Aug 25 08:24:10 2008
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.